Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kuala Lumpur Tips #2 - Don't get ripped at KLCC

We had a long shopping day at the KLCC shops and we were really tired. Since the restaurants were packed, and our hotel at Bukit Bintang was really not that far from the KLCC, we decided that it would be a good idea to have take-aways.

We walked out of the KLCC and saw a queue of cabs. Hmm... since Bukit Bintang is not that far, the fare should be okay right? WRONG! We approached the first cab driver and he said "straight RM20, no meter". What?!? RM20 for a mere 15mins journey? Siao! I asked the second cab, then the third, then... I gave up. All quoted the same RM20! How united right! Malaysia Boleh man!

Pissed, I suggested the LRT. I will rather take the LRT and make changes at busy and crowded stations than to pay RM20! So we went to the LRT station and boy it was really crowded... Then guess what? ALL... yes, ALL ticketing machines were out of order! So EVERYONE queued up to buy tickets manually from a counter of TWO cashiers! And judging from the speed of the tickets purchase, our dinner could easily become breakfast. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I was about to burst when my friend tried to cool me down, "Hey, take a deep breath! Cool down! Let's forget all these and go back to the road okay? I'll pay for the cab fare, okay?"

Angry that I had no choice, I went back to the road with my friend. Just when I was about to give in to those crappy greedy cab drivers, I saw a bus approaching the nearby bus stop... wait! I thought I saw the route indicator on the bus showing "Bukit Bintang"! Excited, we ran and followed the bus till it stopped. We boarded it and asked the bus driver if that bus really goes to Bukit Bintang. Ha! And sure yes it does! It made a small detour before arriving at our hotel, but still, we reached there fast enough. And the fare... less than RM2 per person! :D

No comments: